Thursday 28 June 2012

Sarabjit is in good health, says Surjeet

By ANI
Wagah, June 28 (ANI): Indian prisoner Surjeet Singh, who was officially released by Pakistan earlier today after languishing in jail for more than 30 years, on his arrival at the Wagah Border here, said Sarabjit Singh is fine mentally and physically.

"No, Sarabjit did not send any message through me. He is fine, mentally and physically. Sarabjit is in a good condition there. I used to keep meeting him," he told media on his arrival at the Wagah border here.

" I have been meeting with Sarabjeet weekly. He knew I was being released. Sarabjit Singh has no problems, he walks around, eats and is fine," he added.

Surjeet said the authorities in Pakistan provided everything to Indian prisoners in jail, and added that there is no tension at all.

Surjeet said the problem over the release took place only because of the similarity in names.

"Sarabjeet and Surjeet are written in a similar manner in Urdu that is why the mistake happened. Rehman Malik said all this," he added.

Surjeet, dressed in a white kurta-pyjama and black turban, said he had been arrested on charges of spying, and added that prisoners on both sides of the border should be released.

Surjeet, who was arrested by Pakistan for spying in 1981, appeared to be very ecstatic on his arrival in India, saying nothing he could be happier for him.

"During my imprisonment, I often remembered my family and children. Today I am very happy. I will go to the Golden Temple to pray and hug my children," he said.

Surjeet, who spent at least 27 years in Pakistani jails, was given the death sentence under the Pakistan Army Act in 1985. (ANI)
Share on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright Latest News Headlines4U 2011 - All rights reserved | Published by Latest News Headlines4U